Click image to enlarge
Dakota Digital universal speedometer and tachometer interfaces deliver the functionality of three devices in one. These units can adjust/split/re-calibrate an electronic speed signal, calibrate a tach signal, and aid in the creation and adjustment of a gas tach signal for diesel swap applications.
The SGI-100BT is used as either a signal multiplier or signal divider (25%-400%), making this unit extremely flexible for almost any application.
MFK1000 comes with specific instructions for Toyota Landcruiser, Hilux’s and Nissan Patrol’s.
Note: If your vehicle is equipped with an anti-lock braking system (ABS), it is advised to ensure the signal reaching the ABS controller is not altered to eliminate any potential problems affecting control algorithms within the system. Some vehicles also utilize the output shaft speed to calculate transmission slip and lock-up. When a signal feeding the PCM is altered, this may cause the PCM to detect a constant slip. Consulting a service manual may be of assistance in determining the signal routing within the vehicle if the SGI-5 is decided to be used in a situation such as this.
Univaersal but instructions and wiring suits:
Toyota LandCruiser – 70 series – VDJ76, VDJ78 & VDJ79 (does not suit 08/2016 on DPF models)
Toyota Hilux – KUN, GGN
Nissan Patrol – GQ / Y60, GU / Y61
Features and benefits include:
* Speed calibration from 25 percent to 400 percent
* Multiple speed outputs available for multiple devices
* Electronic pull-up built in; high or low voltage input
* Tachometer settings from 1-16 cylinders and 5 V or 12 V signal type
* Diesel applications: outputs for 4, 6, or 8-cylinder tachs
* Bluetooth technology synchronizes unit to available mobile app for programming and setup
* Built-in programming buttons and LED display for setup in lieu of app
* Not for use with ABS sensors or systems. See previous ABS note.